Sunday, September 1, 2013

(Not so) Cheap thrills

I have just spent the past week hunting for Revlon's Colorburst lipgloss in Bellini.

I searched everywhere. 

Department stores (lifestyle), pharmacies, online (souq.com) and still came up empty handed. They had 044 and 043 but no 042 (which is Bellini's product number). How can that be? I finally had this bright idea to check Revlon's stocklist ( yes, having worked in beauty had its "perks") and 042 Bellini, it turns out, is not even distributed in Dubai or in the UAE for that matter.

Que horror.

So. What's an obssesed girl like me to do?

Aside from ransacking every makeup counter I come across (Teddy goes insane whenever we walk through the mall) for possible dupes (though I honestly have not seen Bellini up close and personal to be able to really tell) but based on photos online, Gosh cosmetics has a milky golden, peachy pink gloss that looks very similar. (Separate post on Gosh cosmetics coming up). Let me just add that in my search for Bellini, I have amassed copious amounts of drugstore makeup that I couldn't just pass up. "Revlon, I blame you entirely!"



But I really, really want Bellini.

The cheapest (and safest) place you can find it online would have to be www.drugstore.com . Coupled with deals and percentages off, it's a steal. Revlon Colorburst lipgloss apparently retails for $7.99 to $14.00, some sites even charge as much as $21.00!! (WT!) But on drugstore.com, Bellini retails for only $5.99. I promptly ordered 3.

One tiny little drawback though is that drugstore.com only ships to the US and US territories but if you're patient enough, they have teamed up with MyUs.com, a site where you can "rent" a US address, just like having your own PO Box, wherein you'll receive all your packages and mail and then MyUs ships them to you for a minimal fee. You also get to choose which shipping method you would prefer, and even choose one that wouldn't leave you broke and cursing the winds why you just had to be born a girl and addicted to makeup, but that method would of course, being cheaper, would also take longer. Anyhow, choices and options are always a good thing.

So, right now, I am patiently waiting.

By the way, Chloe Morello, if you'll ever get to read this, this obsession with Bellini is all your fault! lol I heart you heaps!

xo

No comments: